daily requirement

Sunday, May 25, 2008

what it really takes

“do no harm” You said.
Forgive me, I tried.
But my very presence is a harmful eyesore to all.
As the phrase “would the world be better off without me” resounded in my head, I heard a bawl.
I had unceremoniously slammed a one-year-old to the ground with my lethal knee.
“it’s ok” said his mum.
No it’s not. I’m supposed to cure head injuries. Not cause them.
As the whole café turned to look, I felt a guilt akin to giving bolus KCl.
so i tried to pat his back, then remembered that i was transferring bacterial bronchitis over.
Lord, just help me. Or rather, help the rest of the world.

Forgive me forgive me and please, just forgive me.
Please don’t give up on me, please convince me, please leave me..

What did I do.. what did I not do.. what should I do.. what should I not do..

So, you really wanted to save the world.


For those 2 seconds, I stared at her beautiful face.
For those 2 seconds, I really believed it.
For those 2 seconds, the world felt perfect.
For those 2 seconds, as she started to speak, it felt like a dream come true.
For those 2 seconds, I knew I found the answer I was looking for.
But, I also knew, then, that the answer was the wrong one.
But, 2 seconds, is enough.. is all I ever needed..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home