daily requirement

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

cerebral oedema

Prof I note that this patient is a 23/c/f with prominent bilateral dennis-morgan folds, periorbital hyperpigmentation and multiple strands of white hair likely secondary to reaching the hospital before 7am daily. In addition, she has trunkal obesity and appears lethargic. On examination of the peripheries, there are prominent pen marks and palmar pallor. I am unable to complete my assessment as the patient has now fallen asleep. My provisional diagnosis is that of 1) upcoming MBBS in 12 days 2) caffeine addiction 3) iPod overuse; although I am aware that these conditions may co-exist. I would like to complete my examination by 1) giving a test dose of 30cents mocha 2) checking for visual acuity loss and 3) palpating for any lower limb tenderness. My recommendations for this patient include 1) long conversations with brothers-in-Christ eg Victor and Thomas as I note her previous (grateful) good response 2) respite care and 3) less blogging.


another 6 months?? please please please let this be the final mbbs.

sacrifices are an inevitable part of life, someone once told me, but.. they still hurt. sometimes it motivates you, to remember all that you've already given up these 5 years, so just a little more.. just a little bit more and it'll be over, it'll all be worth it.

Philippians 1:6
being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home