daily requirement

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Bipolar with Hypomania


























Faced with two options: one, to blog about how sad I felt last night; or the other to celebrate a certain someone. Guess what I chose…

Tada! Heehee I beat you this time, public dedication to a very special friend.

It all started over some medicated oil 11 years ago, and then the SC prefectorial room, scratching our heads over the silly computer that kept breaking down with the slightest lightning strike.. working hard for O levels together (and chalking up huge bills over international calls).

Of course she abandoned me for the land down under.. haha alright kidding la = )
It was timely that she returned when I was at the darkest point in life, and didn’t seek help. She was the one who helped pull me out, not with her capabilities in cognitive behavioral therapy, but with pure friendship.. something I never had for the longest time.
Never thought I’d find someone whom I could tell everything to, but I could to her, always.
And she was always always there.
Anytime I felt that I couldn’t make it past another day, she would make sure that I did.
Which was so valuable in those times, 5 years ago. (old old old!!)

Subsequently I moved on to the happiest times of my life (talk about bipolar) and it was so nice to have her there to share my joy with = )

With all the subsequent ups and downs (the latter being more common), she was always there with genuine concern, and really, sg, I do not have any idea how to thank you for that.

So this is the best way I know how, and also to redeem myself in advance, for I just realized (another example of how I take her for granted) that we are now sisters in eternity.. so babe, you are stuck with me muahaha…

Do take care (ie stay safe) when u’re in Melbourne *sob* and we’ll miss u very much.

Haiz.. kinda funny how u’re going there now a year after me, and I’m going to france now a year before you.. but anyway.. we will travel together some day = )

Thank you so much for the lovely book (as usual you know exactly what to get me), for the interested it’s The Power of Determination - Looking to Jesus by Joyce Meyer.. it made me feel better in an instant. As the cover states: Victory is not the absence of problems; it is the presence of God’s power. If you will obey God and never give in or give up, then nothing - no person on earth, no devil in hell, no inability you have, nothing from your past- will be able to keep you from being successful.

But most of all, thank God for you = ) hey I am a commitment-phobe ok.. so it really takes a lot to say.. thank you for being my best friend all these years.

It was an ache, that was all too familiar.
I thought I had arbitrary inference and passive-aggression, but apparently it’s all true. I lost another friend, someone whom I was looking forward to sisterhood-in-eternity and well, at least in medicine with, but well.. I suppose the Lord had other plans.
Enough of this overgeneralization.
I guess all I really need is some more exposure-reaction-prevention therapy.. and I’ll be ok.

I'm slowly getting closure.I guess it's really over.I'm finally getting better.And now I'm picking up the pieces.I'm spending all of these yearsPutting my heart back together.

Another thing that really makes me happy.. seeing those younger than you grow up, really settle down.. and mature at last. Whew.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home