daily requirement

Thursday, May 31, 2007










28/05/07
Just came back from adelaide over the weekend.. many thanks to our half-star michelin chef cum ahmad zihan, and bubbly real dietician (haha fancy that after the previous post) charlotte who ensured greens at every meal. other than meeting up with another life-long fren= ), it was such a quaint and charming place, with beautiful hills and countryside towns like Hahndorf and a stunning glenelg beach.. one of the times to marvel in God’s creation. Of course there was wine-tasting.. which was popular with everyone.. sparkling wine! Dessert wine! What is it.. the fiery alcohol or the bittersweetness.. that OJ doesn’t have. Haha ya when the intern wrote metronidazole in OJ, there was a return note saying, “please specify medications properly”

Simple cheap dinner of grilled fish, calamari and scallop but so fresh and nice = ) from the fish and chippery next door..

A little overwhelmed from the Koko black chocs, bought them as an afterthought, to bring home.. but after paying.. the staff told me they had to be eaten within a week! What.. ok so started them reluctantly after numerous tastings at chocolate factories, regular hot chocolates and a disappointing max Brenner (I mean it was nice, but think I’ve grown out of milk chocolate) but oh. My. These were the best chocolates I’ve ever tasted. walnut, coffee liquer (usually hate alcoholic chocs but ah, this one..) today.. and the ganache and cinnamon proudly sitting in the fridge.

What does it mean.. when tastes change. More into smooth jazz than pop rock, the darker the chocolate the better, and hate alcohol mixed with milk, just want it clean.. maybe I’m growing up.. in a superficial way.

310507

The Sophisticated drug charts here amazed me at first.. until I tried to write one for a patient this morning.. which took half an hour! They use real latin here.. no OM/ON but mane/ nocte etc..

Could go on forever about the food here but hey, as far as living in eternity goes.. whatever remains on the palate for 5 seconds isn’t impt.. like I said.. anyone who’s going to Melbourne and fancies a list, let me know~

Met up with my mum’s cousin again. Haha quite funny, sat in the car that I was carsick in when I was 3. Greensborough has everything! Pity it’s in zone 2.

Well..guess it’ll be the last time blogging before leaving.. lotsa stuff to do.. sorry if couldn’t reply all the mails.

Shocked myself at leo’s supermarket the other day.. a friendly elderly staff said “g’day, ya alright?” and my reply was “g’day, I’m fine thanks. How’re ya goin’?” hmmm….

But I really love it here.. you never address anyone as doctor so-and-so, everyone is a friend to you, and interested in asking after you. It’s not often u see a doctor pat the patient on the back and say, “oh, you’ll be alright mate!” for males and “not to worry, we’ll sort it out dear/sweetheart/luv” to females.. positivity swims in the air.. and it’s heartening to see Chinese/ Vietnamese/ Caucasian/ Indian/ Greek/ Ukrainian/ Croatian/ dutch/ Lithuanian etc etc doctors and nurses working together. When I first came, haha was the usual grumpy self.. complaining about basic sciences exam, working hours in s’pore.. but after a while, realized no one was really sympathizing, in fact they didn’t quite like to hear it.. cos they believe in seeing the happier and lighter side of things.. and perhaps I’m beginning to too = ) hopefully can implement this amicable culture back home.. but who knows how long I’ll last. while here, I’m forced to drop all negativity and now, I think.. I’ll be alright! Gd’on ya!

Awesome, all that’s left is pack me bags, finish me timtams and be on me way. Cool. Catch ya later!

Ps. Too much shopping = P
even more food.. there's a food and wine exhibition on sat.. to wind up all the research for abof.
well-fulfilled trip indeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home